Monday, August 28, 2017

Dawdlin'

This is my long desired 30's quilt top which I have been sloooooowly sewing for the past ten days or so. It's quite an easy pattern and I am having no trouble putting it together, except for the UTTER BOREDOM it provides. You've heard of nap quilts, well working on this one makes me want a nap after only a few sections are added. There is no challenge and I know what comes next and after that and then more of the same. But today I am MAKING myself finish it and then putting it away until I can enjoy the process of quilting it. I do love the look of the 30's fabrics, and I invested in a set of 20 half yards to make this piece. I'll have lots of fabric left from doing this. 
 I began with a load of four patches and considered doing 16 patches, but went for the overall look above. The top will measure 52x80" and then I will maybe add a border. We'll see. 

3 comments:

  1. Everything you do is wonderful, but I'm with you on the boredom of "traditional" style quilt piecing. Would you be offended if I say I like the bottom layout better? If so, I wont mention it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont worry, I agree, and had forgotten I had put those blocks on the wall early on. Good thing I usually photograph stuff as I go along. Nothing to keep me from doing a quilt like that in the future as I have plenty of 5" squares already cut and ready to make into 4-patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only just catching up on posts and love the 16 patch layout, strange to see you using these older style fabrics when we're used to your zingy brights.

    ReplyDelete